Job no: 493269
Work type: Full Time - White Collar
Location: Perth - Balcatta
Categories: Estimating and Contracts Administration
DDR Australia is an Aboriginal owned and managed company operating Australia-wide. We deliver Construction, Maintenance and Civil projects across a wide range of industries, including Mining, Defence and Infrastructure.
DDR Australia is committed to the genuine engagement of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples ensuring that we establish a work environment that is welcoming, respectful and understanding of their culture.
Due to our expanding business, we are seeking an experienced and proactive Senior Estimator and Estimator to join our Balcatta based DDR team. Reporting into the State Lead with a functional reporting line to our Estimating Manager, you will primarily be responsible for estimating tenders and quotes, and ensuring that these tenders are accurate, submitted on time and within the conditions of the tender. You will engage with internal and external stakeholders and work as part of a supportive and growing team with common goals.
- Providing accurate cost and drafting estimates
- Collecting and following up on quotes from suppliers
- Executing tender requests and submissions
- Maintaining and producing accurate project records and reports
- Conduct commercial, risk and profitability reviews
- Detailed tender handover with traceability and support into pre-contracts and delivery
- Liaising with the team to ensure effective communication across all projects
You will maintain previous experience as a Senior/Estimator from the building and construction industry. Your ability to be flexible and have a "can-do" attitude with excellent written and verbal communication skills, will ensure that you succeed in this role. We are looking for:
- Experience gained within a contractor environment similar to DDRIC and/or experience in the remediation environment would be highly beneficial
- Strong interpersonal skills, confidence, and professionalism
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team
- A strong, financial and commercial acumen is also a must, as well as the ability to identify new project opportunities and ensuring a high success rate of team bids
- High level attention to detail and the ability to work to set timeframes
- Flexibility to travel on an adhoc basis
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
DDR Australia is a busy, thriving project delivery environment that will suit well-organised people with strong interpersonal skills willing to work as part of experienced teams. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organisation and play an integral part in its success and continued growth.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are ready to take the next step in your career and are passionate about joining a fast and growing company, then we want to hear from you. To apply, please click on Apply and complete the online application form. Please contact Claire Douglas, Recruitment Advisor, on 6206 6992 if you require further discussion.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly recommended to apply!
**NO AGENCY CONTACT AT THIS TIME**
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend